Here we have some Best Tips to Make Sure Healthy Fast in karwa Chauth 2019.
India is usually known as the land of festivals. the number of festivals lined within the next couple of days. Post concluding the celebrations of Navratri, Dussehra and Durga Puja, the nation has already all set for the preparations of Karwa Chauth, Dhanteras, Diwali, Narak Chaturdashi, chhath puja and Bhai Dooj. All these festivals are set to take place in the next 2 weeks!
This year, Karwa Chauth would be celebrated on Saturday, 17th October 2019. Karwa Chauth is an important festival for Hindu married women. it’s celebrated wide across Delhi, Haryana, Rajasthan, Bihar, Uttar Pradesh, and Punjab.
In our culture, Karwa Chauth is a very important festival for all married women. From sunrise till moonrise, she keeps a fast for the safety of her husband. Keeping a fast without drinking water and eating any food at some point of the day seems to be a tough one but the adoring wives perform all these with a lot of love and respect in their head and heart for their husbands.
The meaning of Karwa Chauth is giving Arghya to the moon using an earthen pot known as Karwa on the Chaturthi of the Karthika month. It falls on the fourth day of the dark fortnight in the Kartika month each year.
The origin of this festival is still very hazy but there are undoubtedly some anecdotes related to this festival.
Some of the estimated stories are narrated below which shows the reason behind this celebration:
Tale of the Queen Veervati: Once upon a time there was a gorgeous queen named Veervati who was the only sister among seven loving and caring brothers. In one of the Karwa Chauth, she was at her parents’ place and started a strict fast after sunrise.
In the evening she was waiting thirstily for the moonrise as she was suffering from hunger and thirst. The brothers were pained by seeing their sister in suffering.
So, they created a mirror in a pipal tree that created it looks as if the Moon is up within the sky. Now, the moment Veervati broke her fast, the news that her husband has dead arrived.
She kept on weeping and that’s once a divinity arrived in front and revealed that she was tricked by her brothers. Now, she kept the Karwa Chauth fast with full devotion and seeing the dedication, Yama, the lord of death restored life to her husband.
Story of Karwa: There was a lady named Karwa who was deeply in love with her husband and this intense love gave her many spiritual powers. Once her husband was bathing in a river and that was when he was attacked by a crocodile.
Now the fearless Karwa bound the crocodile with cotton yarn and remembered Yama, the Lord of death. Yama was seriously scared of being cursed by such a faithful and loving wife and therefore he sent the crocodile to hell and gave life back to her husband.
Mahabharata: it’s said that Draupadi also discovered this Karwa Chauth. Once arjuna, the one whom Draupadi adored the most went to the Nilgiri mountains for self-penalty and therefore the remainder of the brothers were facing challenges without him.
Now, Draupadi remembered Lord Krishna in this scenario to ask what should be done to resolve the challenges. Lord Krishna narrated a story of goddess Parvati wherein a very similar situation she performed the Karwa Chauth rituals. So, Draupadi then followed the strict rituals of Karwa Chauth and Pandavas resolved their issues.
Though it’s tough for all women out there to observe such a tough fast, it gets even tougher for those women who are working. Managing workplace and fasting alone is like a challenge. but fret not.
We’ve 5 healthy useful Tips for you in karwa Chauth 2019, which if followed, can help all you office-going women and housewives. Here we go:
Healthy Fasting Tips To Follow On Karwa Chauth:
- Eat your sargi properly- The first and foremost issue to do is eat your sargi properly. it’s that meal which women have early in the morning before the fast begins. Include lots of fruits like banana, papaya, pomegranate, berries, apples, etc. in the sargi. Fruits have fiber; they fill you up and also provide ample energy to go through the day.
- Do not overexert on yourself- After you’ve got had your sargi, rest for a while. do not exert yourself an excessive amount of on that day. practicing pranayama helps keep dizzy spells at bay.
Do not overwork yourself while in the workplace. Your boss will be understanding on that day, as even if he/she is aware of how tough it is to manage work with a crucial fast like this one.
- Try to divert your mind – To not think about your fast a lot of, is that the key to be able to keep it properly. If you keep thinking how hungry you’re, you’ll feel it a lot. So, distract yourself. In-office talk with your colleagues, in-home to enjoy yourself with your family and try to distract yourself from fast.
- Focus on getting ready and looking gorgeous – Try not to focus on how you are not able to drink or eat. Focus your energy on thinking about how amazing you will look and what a fun evening it will be once you are home.
- Ready for some Minor Side-effects- This is the most important thing you should know about, long fasting and working side by side may lead to Dizziness, Acidity, and Nausea, etc. If you feel these things, Do not get scared. If you feel that you are really getting sick and cannot take it any longer. Don’t be strict on yourself, eat something. Afterall health is first.
Never open your fast with caffeine-based drinks or fried foods-
Start with sips of water or fresh fruits and vegetable juice without adding sugar – ideally 50% juice and 50% water to form it easier for the digestive system. Continue with some protein-rich foods that help decrease hunger and induce a sense of satiation.
Ensure to include a bowl of plain curd in your diet after the fast. Avoid oily foods, alcohol, caffeinated drinks instantly after the fast. Do not overeat – overeating after fasting may be a common problem, that leads to severe abdomen problems. Don’t forget to drink water half an hour before or after a meal.
- Few Tips And Cautions To Keep In Mind- It’s not good for women with certain medical conditions like diabetes, low blood pressure, low hemoglobin levels to observe the fast, particularly the traditional method.
Pregnant and lactating women may also think twice before observing a fast. So, it’s always better to consult your doctor before observing and get yourself medically examined to confirm that you simply keep healthy throughout the fast.
So, currently that you know all the tips and tricks to nail the Karva Chauth 2019 fast, don’t waste time. Go and get your pretty clothes and jewelry prepared. But yes, don’t forget to take care of your health while you celebrate. Happy fasting!
HAPPY KARWA CHAUTH 2019 –
HOPE THIS DAY STRENGTHENS THE BOND OF LOVE BETWEEN YOU TWO. May GOD BLESS YOU WITH A HAPPY AND LONG MARRIED LIFE.